January 2008

Okay, after multiple times of pleating the skirt and attaching it, then removing it, I think I finally got it right.  The front sections are pleated normally, and the back is cartridge pleated with 18 pleats. (The Tudor Tailor recommended only 8 pleats, but I noticed that that creates odd angles about a foot below the pleats from the excess fabric, and I didn't like how that looked.)  I will also likely wear a jeweled belt or ribbon at the waistline, although the pleats are well done and it would like fine without.

I have the bodice fully lined (yay!), the skirt is lined and ready to go on (yay!) and yet I so do not feel like cartridge pleating right this minute, so I am going to screw around and post a blog instead.

©2006-2013 Project Cyan. All Rights Reserved.