Project Cyan is finally undergoing a major website redesign! Please bear with me as I get things sorted out and rearranged.  I'm excited to finally have a place to consolidate  my blogs, my costuming, my website design portfolio, and anything else I feel like putting up.  

I imported all my previous blogs from WordPress, and did quite a bit of customizing on the displays on this site, so I have to go back through the older blog entries and fix the pictures so everything looks consistent. I am sure this is going to take some time! But in the end, it's all so worth it, I love this new site and all of the new features. : ) 



Recent Posts:

Day 14 - Sunday

It was with GREAT relief that I finished the hair forms today, now I have a chance at finishing the costume in time.

The making of the hair forms.

In the evening, I worked on the placard a bit more. The grey embroidery is really embroidery thread that's been chain stitched with a crochet hook, and then sewn on.  The gold embroidery is also chain stitch. I sewed layers of tulle over it to dim the shine a bit.

I wasn't sure where to start with the armbands. I knew I wasn't going to be able to buy any that would work, and I couldn't make them out of polymer clay. I ordered heavy aluminum, and decided to try making them from scratch.

The jewelry pieces were made from polymer clay; I happened to have silver in my bucket o clay.  I was originally debating on making them from the aluminum, but that seemed like it wouldn't be substantial enough, and would leave seams if I bent the aluminum or used multiple layers.  I rolled out the clay fairly thin, cut the shape while looking at the picture of the original jewelry on my laptop, and then smoothed and shaped it as best I could.

Previously, I'd made the paper blank to test the size, then fumbled around until I had a shape that would fold to create the right effect.  I cut that shape out of carboard for the base of the forms.  Luckily, I had boxes on hand just for this purpose.

Day 11 - Thursday

The days are now becoming a blur! Today I sewed the buttons on the cuffs, and also tacked down the cuff lining, and neatened up the cuff seam at the sleeve attachment. I got the binding sewn on the last armhole of the corset vest, so that garment is all done. I added bias tape to the raw edges of the gathered top edge of the sleeves, and sewed it in place; I now have the sleeves pinned into place in the corset vest, ready to sew in.


Subscribe to Project Cyan RSS

©2006-2013 Project Cyan. All Rights Reserved.